The brand set to maintain its momentum into 2019 after a year of welcoming new domestic and international properties. From resorts in the Caribbean to unique hotels in booming destinations, such as Reykjavik, Iceland, Asheville, North Carolina and Xiamen, China, Curio Collection by Hilton celebrated many milestones in 2018. The brand is set to maintain this momentum into 2019 with a number of one-of-a-kind hotels forecast to open, continuing to meet the needs of leisure and business travelers around the world.
“From the rich culture and history of Maison Astor in Paris to Legend Hotel Lagos Airport adjacent to the runway, Hilton’s Curio Collection continues to provide curious travelers with unexpected, authentic experiences in key destinations around the world,” said Mark Nogal, global head, Curio Collection by Hilton.
Newly opened Curio Collection hotels continue to provide guests with unique lodging experiences that all types of travelers can enjoy. To maximize these experiences, guests are encouraged to take the Curiosity Quiz, which determines, from a number of questions and insights, what your curiosity type is when you travel, including: Pathfinder, Challenger, Epicurean, Spiritualist and Culturalist.
Recent hotel additions to the Curio Collection portfolio include:
- Joyze Hotel Xiamen, Curio Collection by Hilton: Nestled between the mountains and the sea, Joyze Hotel Xiamen features a world-renowned award-winning design with a fusion of Minnan culture and modern elements, offering an urban retreat experience in one of China’s popular tourist destinations. The hotel is a short walk from the beach and provides direct access to many popular tourism attractions.
- Martinique New York on Broadway, Curio Collection by Hilton: Rising 19 stories above Broadway at 32nd Street, the Martinique is a landmark hotel and is listed with Historic Hotels of America, blending French Renaissance and Art Deco style for a unique stay. Built in the 1800s, the French Renaissance-style building anchors Manhattan’s world-famous Theater District and nearby Fifth Avenue shops.
- El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton: Positioned flawlessly between city and shore, the 388-room beachfront hotel continues to thrive as guests are enchanted by genuine service and exceptional programming that originates from the distinct spirit and character of Puerto Rico. The thoughtful and artistic restoration process is reflected in the hotel’s iconic lobby, guest rooms, poolside and oceanfront villas, public spaces, pools, cabanas and lush landscaping, interweaving modern tropical splendor with Old-World grandeur.
Through the end of the year and looking ahead to 2019, Curio Collection will welcome the following properties to the portfolio during the first quarter of the year:
- Gale South Beach, Curio Collection by Hilton: A blend of modern South Beach class and retro chic design, Gale South Beach honors its history by featuring glamorous decor from the 1940s and preserving its vibrant art deco accents. In addition to a 5,000 sq. ft. rooftop pool area, guests have access to a private beach club, on-site dining and South Beach’s hottest nightlife and attractions.
- Lincoln Plaza London, Curio Collection by Hilton: centrally located in Canary Wharf, a short distance from iconic London landmarks, including the Tower of London, as well as a variety of eclectic boutiques and local entertainment. Drawing inspiration from the area’s industrial heritage, the hotel’s interior design is an imaginative mix of contemporary and classical materials, a stay will be the pinnacle of comfort and style.
- Grand Tirolia Hotel Kitzbuhel, Curio Collection by Hilton: Set in the scenic mountains and forests of the Austrian Alps, Grand Tirolia Hotel Kitzbuhel is a multi-facility resort offering spacious rooms and suites, 3 restaurants and bars, a ballroom, meeting rooms, and modern fitness amenities. The hotel boasts a state-of-the-art spa with indoor and outdoor heated pools, 11 treatment rooms and 6 saunas.
- Baker’s Cay Resort Key Largo, Curio Collection by Hilton: Situated on a former pineapple plantation previously owned by the hotel’s namesake Captain Ben Baker, the Baker’s Cay Resort Key Largo pays homage to the historical notion that pineapples serve as a symbol of hospitality and elegance through its classic touches and sophisticated amenities.
- The Chrysalis Inn & Spa Bellingham, Curio Collection by Hilton: the hotel unites the natural beauty of the Pacific Northwest with warm sophisticated styling. The hotel, full service spa, and modern restaurant overlooking the calm waters of Bellingham Bay, welcome guests for a contemporary boutique inn experience.
- Tulsa Club Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton: Located in the Deco District of historic downtown Tulsa, the Tulsa Club Hotel is a historic gem that once was the epicenter for the elite. The building’s exterior is of the original 1927 Art Deco architectural style designed by world-renowned architect Bruce Goff. The hotel offers over 7,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, including a 9th floor breathtaking ballroom for up to 400 guests, as well as rooftop meeting space overlooking the historic Tulsa Deco District.
- 100 Queen’s Gate Hotel London, Curio Collection by Hilton: Ideally situated at the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, 100 Queen’s Gate Hotel London will open in 2019 following a stunning transformation. The hotel was the former home of Victorian aristocrat William Alexander and, as part of the refurbishment, the rooms will take inspiration from the rich history of this former Victorian period mansion. The hotel is surrounded by a variety of popular tourist destinations, including Kensington Palace, the Natural History Museum, and famous shopping area of Knightsbridge.